- BS, Life Science, Pennsylvania State University, 1995
- MS, Pharmacology, Thomas Jefferson University, 1997
- MD, Thomas Jefferson University, 2001
- Residency, Emergency Medicine, Geisinger Medical Center, 2004
- Fellowship, Internal Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, 2006
Education & Training
Grudzen CR, Emlet LL, Kuntz J, Shreves A, Zimny E, Gang M, Schaulis M, Schmidt S, Isaacs E, Arnold R. EM Talk: communication skills training for emergency medicine patients with serious illness. BMJ supportive & palliative care. 2016 Jan 12:bmjspcare-2015.
Elmer J, Lee S, Rittenberger JC, Dargin J, Winger D, Emlet L. Reintubation in critically ill patients: procedural complications and implications for care. Critical Care. 2015 Dec;19(1):12.
Arnold RM, Back AL, Barnato AE, Prendergast TJ, Emlet LL, Karpov I, White PH, Nelson JE. The critical care communication project: improving fellows' communication skills. Journal of critical care. 2015 Apr 1;30(2):250-4.
Tisherman SA, Alam HB, Chiu WC, Emlet LL, Grossman MD, Luchette FA, Marcolini EG, Mayglothling JA. Surgical critical care training for emergency physicians: curriculum recommendations. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 2013 Nov 1;217(5):954-9.
- Simulation education (airway management, inter-professional, crisis team)
- Palliative and communication skills training
- Mentorship and advocacy
- Physician wellness