- AB, Chemistry, University of Chicago, 1984
- MD, University of Chicago, 1988
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Minnesota, 1991
- Fellowship, Nephrology, University of Minnesota, 1994
- Fellowship, Critical Care Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, 1996
Education & Training
Hotchkiss JR, Strike DG, Crooke PS. Pathogen transmission and clinic scheduling. Emerging infectious diseases. 2006 Jan;12(1):159.
Rodriguez RA, Hotchkiss JR, O’Hare AM. Geographic information systems and chronic kidney disease: racial disparities, rural residence and forecasting. Journal of nephrology. 2013 Jan;26(1):3.
Paladino JD, Crooke PS, Brackney CR, Kaynar AM, Hotchkiss JR. Medical practices display power law behaviors similar to spoken languages. BMC medical informatics and decision making. 2013 Dec;13(1):102.
O’Hare AM, Hotchkiss JR, Tamura MK, Larson EB, Hemmelgarn BR, Batten A, Do TP, Covinsky KE. Interpreting treatment effects from clinical trials in the context of real-world risk information: end-stage renal disease prevention in older adults. JAMA internal medicine. 2014 Mar 1;174(3):391-7.
- Geospatial analytics and optimization
- Predictive analytics
- Agent-based modeling
- Clinical informatics