- MD, Chosun University School of Medicine, 1994
- Residency, Emergency Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 1999
- Fellowship, Emergency Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 2002
- PhD, Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 2004
- Research Fellowship, Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, 2009
- Fellowship, Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 2011
Education & Training
Kim HK, Alhammouri MT, Mokhtar YM, Pinsky MR. Estimating left ventricular contractility using inspiratory-hold maneuvers. Intensive care medicine. 2007 Jan 1;33(1):181-9.
Kim HK, Pinsky MR. Effect of tidal volume, sampling duration, and cardiac contractility on pulse pressure and stroke volume variation during positive-pressure ventilation. Critical care medicine. 2008 Oct;36(10):2858.
Hadian M, Kim HK, Severyn DA, Pinsky MR. Cross-comparison of cardiac output trending accuracy of LiDCO, PiCCO, FloTrac and pulmonary artery catheters. Critical Care. 2010 Dec;14(6):R212.
Lamia B, Kim HK, Severyn DA, Pinsky MR. Cross-comparisons of trending accuracies of continuous cardiac-output measurements: pulse contour analysis, bioreactance, and pulmonary-artery catheter. Journal of clinical monitoring and computing. 2018 Feb 1;32(1):33-43.
- Non-invasive hemodynamic monitoring
- Clinical trials in Sepsis