- BS, Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, 1978
- MS, Hygiene, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, 1981
- MD, West Virginia University School of Medicine, 1987
- Residency, Pediatrics, Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh, 1990
- Fellowship, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, The Hospital for Sick Children, 1991
- Fellowship, Pediatric Pharmacology and Critical Care Medicine, Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital, 1994
Education & Training
Ferimer HN, Kutina KL, LaManna JC. Methyl isobutyl amiloride delays normalization of brain intracellular pH after cardiac arrest in rats. Critical care medicine. 1995 Jun 1;23(6):1106-11.
Hickey RW, Kochanek PM, Ferimer H, Graham SH, Safar P. Hypothermia and hyperthermia in children after resuscitation from cardiac arrest. Pediatrics. 2000 Jul 1;106(1):118-22.
Hickey RW, Ferimer H, Alexander HL, Garman RH, Callaway CW, Hicks S, Safar P, Graham SH, Kochanek PM. Delayed, spontaneous hypothermia reduces neuronal damage after asphyxial cardiac arrest in rats. Critical care medicine. 2000 Oct 1;28(10):3511-6.
Hickey RW, Kochanek PM, Ferimer H, Alexander HL, Garman RH, Graham SH. Induced hyperthermia exacerbates neurologic neuronal histologic damage after asphyxial cardiac arrest in rats. Critical care medicine. 2003 Feb 1;31(2):531-5.
- Pediatric burns
- Pediatric long-term care