- BS, Biochemistry, Juniata College, 2010
- MD, Jefferson Medical College, 2014
- Residency, Emergency Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, 2014
- Fellowship, Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, 2017
- MS, Clinical Research, University of Pittsburgh, 2020
Education & Training
Flight Physician of the Year, UPMC Emergency Medicine Residency, 2014
Educator of the Year, UPMC Multidisciplinary Critical Care Training Program, 2017
Fellow of the Year, UPMC Multidisciplinary Critical Care Training Program, 2017
Professionalism accolade, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 2019, 2020
Brant E, Angus DC. Is high-dose vitamin C beneficial for patients with sepsis? JAMA. 2019; 322(13):1257-1258.
Brant E, Martin-Gill C, Callaway CW, Angus DC, Seymour CW. Prehospital identification of community sepsis using biomarkers of host response. Intensive Care Med.2020;46(4):823-824.
Brant E, Kennedy JN, Martin-Gill C, Jackson V, Peck Palmer OM, Callaway C, Kahn JM, Yealy DM, Angus DC, Seymour CW. Association between intravenous fluid bolus and biomarker trajectory during prehospital care. Prehosp Emerg Care.
- Early recognition and treatment of sepsis
- Leveraging machine learning strategies to guide shock resuscitation
- Prehospital recognition and management of critical illness
- Medical student education