- MB, ChB, University of Glasgow School of Medicine, 1984
- MRCP (UK), Internal Medicine, University of Glasgow teaching hospitals, 1988
- Fellowship, Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 1991
- MPH, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, 1992
- Fellowship, Safar International Resuscitation Research Center, University of Pittsburgh, 1992
Education & Training
Distinguished Investigator Award, American College of Critical Care Medicine, 2009
Honorary Lifetime Member, European Society of Intensive Care Medicine, 2015
Master of Critical Care Medicine, American College of Critical Care Medicine, 2012
Member, American Association of Physicians, 2017
Angus DC, Kelley MA, Schmitz RJ, White A, Popovich J. Current and projected workforce requirements for care of the critically ill and patients with pulmonary disease. JAMA 2000;284(21):2762-70.
Angus DC, van der Poll T. Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock. N Engl J Med 2013; 369(21):2062-2063.
The ProCESS Investigators, Yealy DM, Kellum JA, Huang DT, Barnato AE, Weissfeld LA, Pike F, Terndrup T, Wang HE, Hou PC, LoVecchio F, Filbin MR, Shapiro NI, Angus DC. A randomized trial of protocol-based care for early septic shock. N Engl J Med 2014; 370(18):1683-93.
Angus DC. Fusing Randomized Trials with Big Data; the Key to Self-learning Health Care Systems? JAMA 2015; 314(8):767-768.
- Learning healthcare systems
- Organization and delivery of critical care services
- Sepsis, severe pneumonia and multisystem organ failure
- Precision medicine and causal inference methods