- BS, Biology and Biochemistry, Duke University, 2002
- MD, SUNY Stony Brook, 2006
- Residency, Pediatrics, Boston Combined Program, 2009
- Residency, Chief Resident, Pediatrics, Boston Combined Program, 2010
- Fellowship, Pediatrics Critical Care Medicine, UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2014
Education & Training
Simon DW, McGeachy MJ, Bayır H, Clark RS, Loane DJ, Kochanek PM. The far-reaching scope of neuroinflammation after traumatic brain injury. Nature Reviews Neurology. 2017 Mar;13(3):171.
Simon DW, Aneja RK, Alexander H, Bell MJ, Bayır H, Kochanek PM, Clark RS. Minocycline Attenuates High Mobility Group Box 1 Translocation, Microglial Activation, and Thalamic Neurodegeneration after Traumatic Brain Injury in Post-Natal Day 17 Rats. Journal of neurotrauma. 2018 Jan 1;35(1):130-8.
Wallisch JS, Simon DW, Bayır H, Bell MJ, Kochanek PM, Clark RS. Cerebrospinal fluid NLRP3 is increased after severe traumatic brain injury in infants and children. Neurocritical care. 2017 Aug 1;27(1):44-50.
Carcillo JA, Halstead ES, Hall MW, Nguyen TC, Reeder R, Aneja R, Shakoory B, Simon DW. Three hypothetical inflammation pathobiology phenotypes and pediatric sepsis-induced multiple organ failure outcome. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2017 June; 18(6): 513-523.
- Neurocritical care
- Microbiome in critical illness
- Pediatric neurocritical care training