- BS, Anthropology, SUNY University at Buffalo, 2004
- MD, University of Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, 2008
- Residency, Emergency Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School, 2011
- Fellowship, Critical Care Medicine, UPMC, 2013
- MS, Medical Education, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 2013
Education & Training
Mosier JM, Martin J, Andrus P, Clinton M, Demla V, Vi Am Dinh MD, Saul T, Schott CK, Tayal V. Advanced Hemodynamic and Cardiopulmonary Ultrasound for Critically Ill Patients in the Emergency Department. Emergency Medicine. 2018 Jan;50(1):17-34.
Becker TK, Martin-Gill C, Callaway CW, Guyette FX, Schott C. Feasibility of paramedic performed prehospital lung ultrasound in medical patients with respiratory distress. Prehospital Emergency Care. 2018 Mar 4;22(2):175-9.
Brant EB, Niehaus MT, Kobzik AJ, Goodmanson NW, Skolnik AB, Hamade B, Schott CK. Guiding Resuscitation in the Emergency Department. Emergency Medicine. 2018 Apr;50(4):85-97.
Boyd JS, LoPresti CM, Core M, Schott C, Mader MJ, Lucas BP, Haro EK, Finley EP, Restrepo MI, Kessler C, Colon-Molero A. Current use and training needs of point-of-care ultrasound in emergency departments: A national survey of VA hospitals. The American journal of emergency medicine. 2019 Sep 1;37(9):1794-7.
- Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) education for Critical Care and Emergency Medicine
- Determining competency/proficiency in POCUS
- Utilizing POCUS to guide resuscitation and treatment in acutely ill patients
- Medical education (inclusive of students, residents, fellows, advanced practice providers and continuing medical education for attending physicians)