- BS, Chemistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2006
- MD, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2010
- Residency, Pediatrics, University of Washington Affiliated Hospitals, 2013
- Fellowship, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2016
- MHA, University of Pittsburgh School of Public Health, 2017
Education & Training
Horvat CM, Ismail HM, Au AK, Garibaldi L, Siripong N, Kantawala S, Aneja RK, Hupp DS, Kochanek PM, Clark RS. Presenting predictors and temporal trends of treatment‐related outcomes in diabetic ketoacidosis. Pediatric diabetes. 2018 Mar 24.
Horvat CM, Au AK, Conley YP, Kochanek PM, Li L, Poloyac SM, Empey PE, Clark RS. ABCB1 genotype is associated with fentanyl requirements in critically ill children. Pediatric research. 2017 Jul;82(1):29.
Horvat C, Suresh S, Clark R. The STELAR ICU: Leveraging Electronic Health Record Data to Foster Research and Optimize Patient Care. InInformatics 2018 Sep 7 (Vol. 5, No. 3, p. 37). Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute.
Rosario BL, Horvat CM, Wisniewski SR, Bell MJ, Panigrahy A, Zuccoli G, Narayanan S, Balasubramani GK, Beers SR, Adelson PD. Presenting characteristics associated with outcome in children with severe traumatic brain injury: a secondary analysis from a randomized, controlled trial of therapeutic hypothermia. Pediatric critical care medicine. 2018 Oct 1;19(10):957-64.
- Process improvement and systems engineering
- Clinical informatics
- Precision sedation and analgesia
- Point-of-care ultrasound