- BS, Biology, University of Kentucky, 1997
- DO, Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2001
- Residency, Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine, Midwestern University, 2006
- Fellowship, Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, 2009
Education & Training
Scheff SW, Price DA, Hicks RR, Baldwin SA, Robinson S, Brackney C. Synaptogenesis in the hippocampal CA1 field following traumatic brain injury. Journal of neurotrauma. 2005 Jul 1;22(7):719 - 32.
Brackney CR, Diaz LA, Milbrandt EB, Al - Khafaji A, Darby JM. Is albumin use SAFE in patients with traumatic brain injury? Critical Care 2010;14(2):307.
Paladino JD, Crooke PS, Brackney CR, Kaynar AM, Hotchkiss JR. Medical practices display power law behaviors similar to spoken languages. BMC medical informatics and decision making. 2013 Dec;13(1):102.
Estock JL, Curinga HK, Li A, Grieve LB, Brackney CR. Comparison of chest compression interruption times across 2 automated devices: a randomized, crossover simulation study. The American journal of emergency medicine. 2016 Jan 1;34(1):57 - 62.
- Novel approaches to teaching critical care medicine
- Medical student education
- Quality improvement