- MD, Jefferson Medical College, 2004
- Residency, Pediatric, Children's National Medical Center, 2007
- Fellowship, Pediatric Critical Care, UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, 2010
- MS, Clinical Research, Institute for Clinical Research Education, 2016
Education & Training
Au AK, Bell MJ, Fink EL, Aneja RK, Kochanek PM, Clark RS. Brain - specific serum biomarkers predict neurological morbidity in diagnostically diverse pediatric intensive care unit patients. Neurocritical care. 2018 Feb 1;28(1):26 - 34.
Au AK, Aneja RK, Bayır H, Bell MJ, Janesko - Feldman K, Kochanek PM, Clark RS. Autophagy biomarkers Beclin 1 and p62 are increased in cerebrospinal fluid after traumatic brain injury. Neurocritical care. 2017 Jun 1;26(3):348 - 55.
Au AK, Chen Y, Du L, Smith CM, Manole MD, Baltagi SA, Chu CT, Aneja RK, Bayır H, Kochanek PM, Clark RS. Ischemia - induced autophagy contributes to neurodegeneration in cerebellar Purkinje cells in the developing rat brain and in primary cortical neurons in vitro. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Basis of Disease. 2015 Sep 1;1852(9) :1902 - 11.
Au AK, Carcillo JA, Clark RS, Bell MJ. Brain injuries and neurological system failure are the most common proximate cause of death in children admitted to a pediatric intensive care unit. Pediatric Critical Care M edicine. 2011 Sep;12(5):566.
- Biomarkers and prediction of neurological morbidity
- Traumatic brain injury
- Asphyxia - induced cardiac arrest
- Cell autophagy in brain injury