Why Give to Critical Care Medicine?
A donation to the Department of Critical Care Medicine will support important research conducted by our physician-scientists , and it will advance the training of the next generation of critical care practitioners. Your donation will have a profound impact on peoples' lives.
A donation can be directed to helping some of the sickest patients who suffer from:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Sepsis, one of the world’s oldest and deadliest diseases
- Organ dysfunction, such as acute kidney injury and acute respiratory failure
- Cardiac arrest, organ transplantation, and other life-threatening diseases
We also conduct research in the areas of critical care education, simulation training, medical ethics, health care delivery and policy, and computational biology and modeling of disease. These areas of research lead to new therapies for critical illness and cutting-edge educational strategies that help create the workforce of tomorrow.
How to Give to Critical Care Medicine
There are many opportunities for meaningful gifts to the Department of Critical Care Medicine.
- An honorary or memorial gift to recognize the accomplishments or memory of a colleague, friend, or relative
- Outright gifts of cash provide essential and immediate support for our areas of greatest need
- Gifts of stocks and planned gifts (Bequest, Retirement Plans, Life Insurance) are also accepted options to make a significant impact
Please print a pledge card to mail your contribution.
For more information about making a donation to the Department of Critical Care Medicine, please contact:
University of Pittsburgh/UPMC Medical Health Sciences Foundation
clm193 [at] pitt.edu
Thank you for caring!